And so, from this sweet blog... I am moving on. Seeking greater simplicity and order through a Wordpress format! Please come visit me at my new site: https://smallandsplendidblog.wordpress.com
:: JMJ :: “ We ought not to be weary of doing little things for the love of God, who regards not the greatness of the work, but the love with which it is performed. ” " It is enough for me to pick up but a straw from the ground for the love of God." - Brother Lawrence of the Resurrection :: I like to knit. I really do. At age six, my mom placed my first pair of size seven knitting needles in my hands, together we learned and sang the 'knitting rhyme'. In through the front door - run around the back - down through the middle - and off jumps jack! I was captivated. For the next few years there was a sporadic flow of fresh washcloths hot off my needles as I drifted from phases of reading to knitting to reading to knitting again. I love the yarn, the new textures, new colors; I love the needles and their fresh coolness to compliment the warmth of working fiber in busy hands. There is a peace in the rhythm about knitting. ...
Busy days and busy nights don't leave much room to breath. But breathing is necessary, and I have found that sometimes, whether or not I like it, I must carve out some space to do so. A walk to the local reservoir was my attempt at some breathing space a little while back. It had been a while, but i t was so wonderful to sit and just be. Worries about midterms, papers, and Euclidean geometry did not disappear in those few quiet hours , but I left with my thoughts quieted and my focus readjusted. Things gain a new perspective when you give them space, and I witnessed the truth of that as I sat on a quiet October afternoon...
July 1st, 2017 - This is the thirty-fifth day of a 40 day blogging challenge: some pictures and words each day. Come back tomorrow to see more posts! ~~~ Many blessings to you both. May love fill your many years to come. Thank you for your powerful witness to the faith, thank you for your joy that you continue to bring to the world, thank you for your pursuit of sanctity in your vocation.
Comments
Post a Comment